OUR TOUCH PROGRAMS
The Harlequin Summer Touch Program runs weekly for 13 weeks from Monday 14 October (6pm - 8pm) to 9 December 2019 and 27 January to 24 February 2020.
It is open to Under 6 - under 19 Girls and Boys. Further details of the program and registration will be posted soon. Email email@example.com with enquiries.
Harlequins Under 16 GIRLS (born 2003 - 2008) teams will play in the Victorian Touch League competition on Sunday mornings (4 May - 17 June 2019 inclusive). This is part of the ELITE & TALENT IDENTIFICATION pathway from which Victorian u12, 15 & 18 teams are chosen to play in the National Championships in Sept (u18) and late Oct (u12 & u15). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.
2019 rugby SEASON
Junior Rugby queries
For Junior club queries email the Chair of Junior rugby, Dante Peel.
Under 6 - 10
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6-7pm, FROM 20 MARCH
- Under 6 (born 2013-2014)
- Under 7 (born 2012)
- Under 8 (born 2011)
- Under 9 (born 2010)
- Under 10 (born 2009)
SEASON GAMES - Saturday morning games weekly at 8.30am from 27 April to 17 August (no games 8 June, 6 & 13 July)
under 11 - 18
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS, FROM 6 MARCH
Before Easter all u11 - 18 teams will be training at Batesford Reserve. After Easter u11 - 13 will train at the main fields and u14 - 16 at Batesford Reserve.
- Under 11 (born 2008) - Training 6.00pm -7.15pm Wednesday. Games 9.40am Saturday
- Under 12 (born 2007) - Training 6.15pm - 7.30pm Wednesdays. Games 9.40am Saturday
- Under 13 (born 2006) - Training 6.15pm - 7.30pm Wednesdays. Games 10.50am Saturday
- Under 14 (born 2005) - Training 6.30pm - 7.45pm Wednesdays (main night) & 6.30pm - 7.30pm Monday. Games 10.50am Saturday.
- Under 16 (born 2003-2004) - Training 6.00pm - 7.15pm Tuesday and 6.30pm - 7.45pm Wednesday. Games 10.50am Saturday
- Under 18 (born 2001 - 2002) - Training 6.30pm - 7.45pm Wed & Thurs. U16 Red comp games 10.50am Saturday; u16 Blue comp games Friday 7.30pm or Sat 12pm
- Under 6 - 12 teams are open to girls and boys. Under 13 -15 girls may be eligible to play with boys in U13 - 15 age groups subject to dispensation being granted under Rugby Australia's mixed gender dispensation procedure.
SEASON GAMES - 27 April to 14 September (no games 8 June, 6 & 13 July & 24 August)
GIRLS ONLY teams
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6.15pm - 7.30pm, FROM 6 MARCH
- Under 11 (born 2008 or earlier) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: 1pm Saturday
- Under 12-15 (born 2004-2007) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: 1pm Saturday
- Under 16 (born 2003 - 2004) Girls Tackle 7s - contact rugby. Game times: 11.30am Saturday
- Under 18 (born 2003 - 2004) Girls Tackle 7s - contact rugby. Game times: 10.30am Saturday
- SEASON - 27 April to 14 Sept (no games on 8 June, 6 July, 13 July & 24 August)
NEW WEIGHT FOR AGE GUIDELINES
Rugby Victoria will be undertaking player assessments for age group dispensation at games held on 27 April 2019.
The Rugby Australia Guidelines require that players in the age groups Under 10 to Under 15 that fall above or below height AND weight parameters for the age group he/she is turning in the relevant calendar year must undertake an assessment by an Independent Qualified Assessing Coach to determine their appropriate age grade under the Age Grade Dispensation Procedure. This may or may not lead to a player being required to shift age groups. Click the link below for size for age guidelines.
Accurate weight and height information needs to be provided during the registration process. We will communicate with those players who require an independent assessment and make appropriate arrangements.
Players falling outside one of the guidelines. Players that fall outside either the height or weight parameters of these guidelines, but not both, may request or be required to undertake an assessment but this is not mandatory.
Players falling outside of the age groups Under 10 to Under 15. Players that fall outside the height or weight parameters of these guidelines but are within the age groups Under 8 and Under 9 OR Under 16 to Under 18 may be considered for an assessment but this is not mandatory.
MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION 2019
Harlequins membership fees and Rugby Australia registration fees are as follows:
- Under 6 & 7: $110 (Harlequins membership fee) and $26 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $141
- Under 8 - Under 12: $155 (Harlequins) and $64.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $219.50
- Under 13 - Under 18: $155 (Harlequins) and $66.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $221.50
- Girls Under 11 & Under 12-15 Touch 7's: $130 (Harlequins) and $57.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $187.50
- Girls Under 16 & 18 Tackle 7's: $130 (Harlequins) and $60.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $190.50
How to create membership and registration? - Harlequins membership is created online by going to https://quins.com.au/user/login after which you will be able to register on Rugby Xplorer with Rugby Australia.
Harlequins membership - includes a Quins training shirt and another item (Under 6-10: rugby ball, Under 11-18: Quins bucket hat). Key costs covered by membership fees include Rugby Victoria team entry fees, jersey costs, rugby and coaching equipment, medics and other rugby operational costs.
Rugby Australia registration costs covers Rugby Victoria participation costs and insurance fees.
Squad caps apply for each Harlequin age group. After the squad cap has been reached additional players registering will be placed on a waiting list. They will still eligible to train and will be advised if playing places become available in the existing team or in an additional team created if numbers are sufficient.
NOTE: Under 14 Squad Cap notification. Please contact the Chair of Juniors at email@example.com before registering as the squad cap may have been reached.
ENJOY a meal & warm fire after training
- Hot cooked meals are available in the clubhouse on Wednesday and Thursday night training nights, with big screen, full bar facilities and a warm fire (when it gets cold)
- Trial games - 30 March and 6 April for u14 - u18 teams - further details will follow via email from your Team Managers
- Trial games - 6 April for u12 team - further details will follow via email from your Team Managers
- The 2019 season commences on 27 April.
- Semi-finals and grand finals will run on 7 & 14 September respectively
- Harlequins 7's carnival - 20-21 September for u10 - u18 age groups - boys and girls and senior womens' teams
Game Day & TIMES
All teams play on Saturdays (U16 Blue also play some games Friday 7.30pm) and kick-off times in 2019 are listed below. Any changes to these times will be communicated by Team Managers.
- 8.30am - Under 6 - 10
- 9.40am - U11 & U12
- 10.30am - U18 Girls Tackle 7s
- 10.50am - U13, U14, U16 Red
- 11.30am - U16 Girls Tackle 7s
- 12.00pm - U18 & U16 Blue (also 7.30pm Friday)
- 1.00pm - U11 & U15 Girls Touch 7s
- We also play some selected home games on Friday nights from 6.30pm
Rugby Camp & TOURs
- Under 8 - 12 Junior Rugby Camp on 18 - 19 May 2019
- Under 11 - 13 host the Sydney Harbord Harlequins from 13-14 July 2019
- We will host interstate (and sometimes overseas) games during the season