Junior Rugby Contacts
For Junior club matters contact your team manager directly. If you are unable to contact your team manager email the Chair of Junior rugby.
Under 6 - 10
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6-7pm, FROM 21 MARCH
- Under 6 (born 2012)
- Under 7 (born 2011)
- Under 8 (born 2010)
- Under 9 (born 2009)
- Under 10 (born 2008)
SEASON - 28 April to 25 August (no games 9 June, 7 & 14 July, 18 August)
under 11 - 18
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6.15pm, FROM 7 MARCH
- Under 11 (born 2007) - Training 6.00pm Wednesday
- Under 12 (born 2006) - Training 6.30pm Wednesday
- Under 13 (born 2005) - Training 6.30pm Wednesday
- Under 14 (born 2004) - Training 6.30pm Wednesday
- Under 16 (born 2002-2003) - Training 6.30pm Wednesday & 6pm Tuesday (from 11 April)
- Under 18 (born 2000 - 2001) - Training 6.30pm Wednesday & 6pm Thursday (from 13 April)
- u6 - u12 - mixed girls & boys teams. u13 - u15 girls may be eligible to play with boys subject to dispensation being granted under Rugby Australia's mixed gender dispensation procedure
SEASON - 28 April to 8 September (no games 9 June, 7 & 14 July & 18 August)
GIRLS ONLY UNDER 11 - 17 teams
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS FROM 14 MARCH AT 6.15pm
- Under 11 (born 2007 or earlier) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: 12.30-1.30pm Saturdays.
- Under 12-15 (born 2003-2006) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: 1.30-2.30pm Saturdays
- Under 17 (born 2001 or later) Girls Tackle 7s - contact rugby. Game times: 11.30am - 12.30pm Saturdays
- SEASON - 28 April to 8 Sept (no games on 9 June, 7 July, 14 July, 18 August and 1 Sept)
- All games for the 3 girls only competitions will be played at the same location each week and will rotate across participating clubs
NEW WEIGHT FOR AGE GUIDELINES
The new Rugby Australia Guidelines require that players in the age groups Under 10 to Under 15 that fall above or below height AND weight parameters for the age group he/she is turning in the relevant calendar year must undertake an assessment by an Independent Qualified Assessing Coach to determine their appropriate age grade under the Age Grade Dispensation Procedure. This may or may not lead to a player being required to shift age groups.
Accurate weight and height information needs to be provided during the registration process. We will communicate with those players who require an independent assessment and make appropriate arrangements.
Players falling outside one of the guidelines. Players that fall outside either the height or weight parameters of these guidelines, but not both, may request or be required to undertake an assessment but this is not mandatory.
Players falling outside of the age groups Under 10 to Under 15. Players that fall outside the height or weight parameters of these guidelines but are within the age groups Under 8 and Under 9 OR Under 16 to Under 18 may be considered for an assessment but this is not mandatory.
MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION
Membership (Harlequins) and registration (Rugby Australia) is now open:
- Under 6 & 7: $130 (Harlequins) and $26 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $166
- Under 8 - Under 12: $150 (Harlequins) and $64.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $214.50
- Under 13 - Under 18: $150 (Harlequins) and $66.50 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $216.50
- Girls Under 11 & Under 12-15 Touch 7's: $150 (Harlequins) and $40 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $190
- Girls Under 17 Tackle 7's: $150 (Harlequins) and $41 (Rugby Australia). Total cost $191.
A two step process is required - Harlequins membership is created online by clicking here after which a link will be provided for you to register on Rugby Link with Rugby Australia.
Harlequins membership - includes a Quins training jersey and boot bag. Key costs covered by membership fees include Rugby Victoria team entry fees, jersey costs, rugby and coaching equipment.
Rugby Australia registration costs covers player insurance and administration fees for Rugby Australia and Rugby Victoria
ENJOY a meal & warm fire after training
- Hot cooked meals are available in the clubhouse on Wednesday and Thursday night training nights, with big screen, full bar facilities and a warm fire (when it gets cold)
- Trial games have been organised for 14 April for u6 - u18 teams - further details will follow via email from your Team Managers
- The 2018 season commences on 21 April and we will arrange a trial game for u11 - u18 teams the week prior to season commencement.
- Semi-finals and finals will run on 1 September and 8 September respectively
- Harlequins 7's carnival will run on 14-15 September for u8 - u18 age groups, senior womens and girls teams
Game Day & TIMES
All teams play on Saturday mornings and approximate kick-off times in 2017 (subject to change in 2018) are listed below:
- 8.50am - U7, U8, U9, U10 and U11s
- 9.45am - U12
- 10.45am - u13, U14, U16 and U18’s (note some games are scheduled at 9.45am and 11.45am)
- We typically play some selected home games on Friday nights from 6.30pm
- Under 11 Girls' Touch 7s - 12.30-1.30pm Saturday
- Under 12-15 Girls Touch 7s - 1.30-2.30pm Saturday
- Under 17 Girls Tackle 7's - 11.30am - 12.30pm Saturday
Rugby Camp & TOURs
- Each year U6 – U13 players have the opportunity to attend a weekend rugby camp in April. The camp is run by qualified coaches and parents are encouraged to attend. This includes introduction to the club's values.
- Our under 11 - 13 age groups are expected to tour Manly, Sydney in early-mid July for a 3.5 day tour for games against Sydney Harbord Harlequins.
- We will host interstate (and sometimes overseas) games during the season
Harlequin Club Contact Information
Ashwood, Victoria, 3147
(Enter via Holmesglen Reserve)