2020 rugby season
COVID-19 UPDATE: The season has been postponed and Rugby Victoria is committed to organising a Spring 2020 season should this be possible.
Junior Rugby queries
For Junior club queries email the Chair of Junior rugby, Dante Peel.
Under 6 - 10
TRAINING MONDAY NIGHTS 6-7pm, FROM 15 MARCH, then WEDNESDAY NIGHTS FROM 28 APRIL
- Under 6 (born 2015-2016)
- Under 7 (born 2014)
- Under 8 (born 2013)
- Under 9 (born 2012)
- Under 10 (born 2011)
SEASON GAMES - Saturday morning games weekly from 8.30am from 2 May 2021 (subject to change)
under 11 - 18
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS, FROM 3 MARCH
SEASON GAMES - weekly on Saturdays from 2 May to 11 September 2021 (subject to change)
- Under 11 (born 2010) - Training 6.00pm -7.15pm Wednesday. Game expected to be 9.40am Saturday
- Under 12 (born 2009) - Training 6.15pm - 7.30pm Wednesdays. Games expected to be 9.40am Saturday
- Under 13 (born 2008) - Training 6.15pm - 7.30pm Wednesdays. Games expected to be 10.50am Saturday
- Under 14 (born 2007) - Training 6.30pm - 7.45pm Wednesdays (main night). Games expected to be 10.50am Saturday.
- Under 16 (born 2005-2006) - Training 6.30pm - 7.45pm Wednesday. Games expected to be Friday night (7.30pm) and Saturday afternoon.
- Under 18 (born 2003 - 2004) - Training 6.45pm - 8.15pm Wed & Thurs. Games expected to be Saturdays at approx.12.00pm
- Under 6 - 12 teams are open to girls and boys. Under 13 -15 girls may be eligible to play with boys in U13 - 15 age groups subject to dispensation being granted under Rugby Australia's mixed gender dispensation procedure.
GIRLS ONLY teams
TRAINING WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6.15pm - 7.30pm, FROM 6 MARCH
- Under 10-12 (born 2008-2010) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: expected to be between 1pm-3pm Saturday
- Under 13-16 (born 2004-2007) Girls Touch 7s - non-contact version of rugby. Game times: expected to be between 1pm- 3pm Saturday
- Under 15-17 (born 2003-2005) Girls Tackle 7's - contact rugby. Games times: expected to be between 11am - 3pm Saturdays)
- SEASON GAMES: 2 May - 11 September
WEIGHT FOR AGE GUIDELINES
Rugby Victoria undertakes player assessments for age group dispensation at games which can mean players can play a higher or lower age group. Rugby Australia Guidelines require that players in the age groups Under 10 to Under 15 that fall above or below height AND weight parameters for the age group he/she is turning in the relevant calendar year must undertake an assessment by an Independent Qualified Assessing Coach to determine their appropriate age grade under the Age Grade Dispensation Procedure. This may or may not lead to a player being required to shift age groups. Click the link below for size for age guidelines.
Accurate weight and height information needs to be provided during the registration process. We will communicate with those players who require an independent assessment and make appropriate arrangements.
Players falling outside one of the guidelines. Players that fall outside either the height or weight parameters of these guidelines, but not both, may request or be required to undertake an assessment but this is not mandatory.
Players falling outside of the age groups Under 10 to Under 15. Players that fall outside the height or weight parameters of these guidelines but are within the age groups Under 8 and Under 9 OR Under 16 to Under 18 may be considered for an assessment but this is not mandatory.
MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION 2021
Harlequins membership fees and Rugby Australia registration fees are on our Membership and Registration page
How to create membership and registration? Harlequins membership is created online by going to https://quins.com.au/webform/junior-family-membership
Harlequins membership - includes some Quins kit. Key costs covered by membership fees include Rugby Victoria team entry fees, jersey costs, rugby and coaching equipment, medics and other rugby operational costs.
Rugby Australia registration costs covers Rugby Victoria participation costs and insurance fees. Go to https://myaccount.rugby.com.au
Squad caps apply for each Harlequin age group. After the squad cap has been reached additional players registering will be placed on a waiting list. They will still eligible to train and will be advised if playing places become available in the existing team or in an additional team created if numbers are sufficient. Should player caps apply we will refund membership fees if players are unable to play.
ENJOY a meal & warm fire after training
- Hot cooked meals are available in the clubhouse on Wednesday and Thursday night training nights, with big screen, full bar facilities and a warm fire (when it gets cold)
Rugby Camp & TOURs
- Under 8 - 12 Junior Rugby Weekend Camp at Mount Martha in May 2021. Date to be advised.
- Under 11-13 hope to tour Sydney in July 2021
- We will host interstate (and sometimes overseas) games during the season
TOUCH FOOTBALL PROGRAM
Go to our Touch webpage for details.