Junior Summer Touch
Follow us on facebook @harlequintouch
JUNIOR PARTICIPATION OPTIONS
ELITE YOUTH PROGRAM (Under 12-18)
- We have Melbourne's largest elite youth program with numerous Girls and Boys representing Victorian Under 12, 15 and 18 Boys and Girls teams. Several of our elite players from Under 15-18 also play in our Adults VT League squad. Squad sessions run on Sundays from June - July and the summer program runs from October-February (see below details for our Summer Touch Program).
- Under 16 VT League for Boys and Girls. Details of trials for the VT League program are posted on facebook @harlequin. COVID update: the competition is postponed until summer 2020 (dates to be advised)
- A number of our Under 15-18 elite players also play in our Senior Mens and Womens VT League teams - details are on our Senior Touch page
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER TOUCH PROGRAM - girls, boys (Under 6-18) & adults of all abilities: October to February
The Harlequins Touch Summer program for girls and boys aged 6 - 19 and adults starts on Monday, 12 October 2020 and will run weekly from 12 Oct - 14 Dec 2020 and 1 Feb - 22 Feb 2020 (6.15pm - 8pm). Note: 2 November (long weekend) the program will have a break.
The first 3 nights - 14 October, 21 October and 28 October we will run "come and try" skills and games nights subsequent to which a 10 week social graded competition will run - expected to be 3-4 divisions (Adults mixed division and 3 divisions for children) and an Under 6-9 development group. You can join in at any stage of the program.
Come and play in a program that offers fun, skills development, participation and some healthy social competition. We have biggest junior touch football boys and girls program in Melbourne with 145 players, 33% of whom were girls as well as social and elite Mens and Womens teams. Our program caters for beginners, intermediate and elite players.
Weekly on Monday nights from 12 October 2020 to 14 December 2020 and 1-22 February 2021
12 October, 21 October & 28 October will be a "come and try" format and the competition program will start on 11 November. Bring your friends along to try it first if they are unsure.
6.15pm - 8.00pm (Juniors)
|Where:||Melbourne Harlequins Rugby Club at Power Avenue, Ashwood, Victoria, 3147|
Boys and girls who are 6 years old to 19 years old (born 2000 - 2013)
First person - $115, subsequent people from the same family at a discount (2nd family member $105, 3rd family member $95, 4th family member $85)
(includes playing shirt, ground hire, referees, insurance and Touch Victoria Affiliation)
|Meals & facilities||Hot meals, canteen, free WIFI and clubhouse facilities (with big screen TV)|
Coaching: The program will be run by Victorian State Touch Coaches and Elite Adult Players. Parents with interest in supporting are welcome to help.
The final structure of the program will be finalised once registrations are lodged. It is expected to include:
- Under 6 - 9: those born 2011 - 2014. Skill development, drills, mini-games (no competition games)
- Under 10 - 18 players will be loosely graded into 3 mixed divisions, taking into account preferences to play with friends where possible
- Adults mixed division, within which elite youth players may also participate subject to approval of organisers
NOTE: Competition structure and divisions will be finalised once initial registration closes on Sunday, 1 November 2020.