The Senior club had a relatively successful season in 2016 with 1st Grade winning the Minor Premiership but falling short in the Grand Final going down 19-20 to halt our claims to a 4th consecutive Dewar Shield premiership after victories in 2013, 2014 & 2015. Four Senior teams competed in the Grand Final, with only 2nd Grade being successful on the day in claiming the premiership for 2016. The Colts (U20) like 1st Grade were Minor Premiers and looking to claim their 4th consecutive premiership but again like 1st Grade went down on the day and the surprise packets of the season was the clubs joint women's team with Box Hill making it through to the Grand Final but losing on the day. Both 3rd and 4th Grades played finals in 2016 but were unable to make the Grand Final. The strength across the board along with the Junior clubs strength did see the club claim the 2016 VRU Club Championship for the best performing club in Victoria.
The clubs success correlated to higher honors for a number of players with eight Quins selected in the 2016 Melbourne Rising NRC squad being the most of any club from the local Dewar Shield competition. The club also boasts 8 Rebels U20 representatives in the coming 2017 Super U20's competition along with the club's Head Coach Pom Simona being an assistant coach of the team.
Senior Rugby Contact
For Senior club matters email Brock Parker or call him on 0417 014 971.
A highly qualified coaching team boasting Test Match, Super Rugby, ITM Cup, South African Currie Cup and Melbourne Rebel Rising coaching and playing experience ensures all players and teams receive the best preparation possible preparation to allow for on field success.
The club recognises that not all players are looking to play seriously but simply looking for a social outlet, a bit of exercise or a way to meet new mates in a new city and we strongly welcome all new social club players. New players to the game of rugby are also very welcome to come and get into the action. With 6 senior teams, there is a team and standard for everyone and a strong club culture through all teams is the basis of Quins continued success.
Experienced and/or new players to the game are welcome at all stages of the season, simply come down to training on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6.45pm and join in.
- Senior teams in ‘Premier’ Division 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade along with Colts (Under 20)
- Quins Women’s team
- Off season training programs and elite squad development
- Extensive medical team and support for all players and teams
- Strength and Conditioning programs available along with dedicated S&C coaching team
- Quins provide the best rugby facilities in Melbourne and Victoria
The season and training;
- The season starts 25 March 2017 with finals in mid-August. Trial games will be held in early March.
- All Senior teams train on Tues/Thurs nights starting at 6.45pm. This is for all Senior Men, Women, Colts (U20) and U18 players.