The Harlequin Club
Harlequin Rugby Club, or “Quins”, was formed in 1928 and is one of Melbourne’s premier rugby clubs and the reigning "Dewar Shield" holders for the 2013, 2014 and 2015 1st Grade Premierships. The club also boasts premierships for the Colts (U20) competition for the last 3 seasons of 2013, 14 & 15 along with 2011.
One of Melbourne's largest and oldest clubs, Quins offers a complete rugby club environment with a mix of local and international members creating an enjoyable atmosphere to play and support rugby in Victoria. A highly qualified rugby department ensures that players receive the best preparation for maximum performance and enjoyment and plays the game in the ethos of Quins - running with the ball in hand. The club has teams in all the Junior age groups (U6 to U18) and six Senior teams including two Colts (U20) teams that all play in the Victorian Rugby Union (VRU) Premier Division.
Boasting the competition’s premier playing and social club facilities, the club often hosts finals, Senior state matches and Rebel "B" games such as the recent match between Rebels B and Fiji A. Our facilities include:
- Large social club rooms adjacent to the main playing field with committee room, licensed bar, open fireplace and two big screen TVs for all the rugby action
- Dedicated main rugby field with match standard lights (Phil Gyles Memorial Lights) for night rugby and excellent training facilities
- Floodlit second rugby field and adjacent training area
- Four modern spacious change rooms
- Modern training equipment including scrum machine and sled
- Car parking for over 100 vehicles
- Very close to public transport – rail and bus
- Away game sponsor hotel in the heart of Melbourne’s nightlife district
New players and members are welcome at all stages of the season for both Junior and Senior teams and the strong social aspect of the club is a great way to settle into Melbourne or learn the game of rugby if the sport is new to you.