The Melbourne Harlequins Touch program for girls and boys from under 6 - 18 starts on Monday, 29 October 2018 with "come and try" nights for 3 weeks (Monday 29 Oct, 12 & 19 Nov). The program will run weekly on Monday nights from 29 Oct - 17 Dec and 28 Jan - 25 Feb (6pm - 8pm). New players can join an existing team as the season progresses.
This year we will run 3 x come n try (free) Touch nights for mixed adults on Monday 12th, 19th and 26th November (7.15pm - 8.15pm)after which we plan to run a 6 week competition. Registration for the mixed adults program will open shortly.
Come and play in a program that offers fun, skills development, participation and some healthy competition. Last year was the biggest junior touch football boys and girls competition in Melbourne with 110 players, 25% of whom were girls. Our program caters for beginners, intermediate and elite players.
Weekly on Monday nights from 29th October 2018 to 17th December and 28th January - 25th February inclusive.
29th October, 5 & 12 November will be a "come and try" format and the competition program will start on 19 November. Bring your friends along to try it first if they are unsure.
6.00pm - 8.00pm (Juniors)
7.15 - 8.15pm (Mixed Adults)
|Where:||Melbourne Harlequins Rugby Club at Power Avenue, Ashwood, Victoria, 3147|
Boys and girls who are 6 years old to 18 years old (born 1999 - 2012)
First child - $95, subsequent siblings from the same family at a discount (2nd child $85, 3rd child $75, 4th child $65)
(includes playing shirt, ground hire, referees, insurance and Touch Victoria Affiliation)
Mixed adults - $65 per person (competition program)
|Meals & facilities||Hot meals, canteen, free WIFI and clubhouse facilities (with big screen TV showing rugby)|
Coaching: The program will be run by Victorian State Touch Coaches. Parents with interest in supporting are welcome to help.
The final structure of the program will be finalised once registrations are lodged. It is expected to be similar to last year's program which included:
- Under 6 - 7: those born 2010 or later. Skill development, drills, mini-games (no competition games)
- Under 8 - 10: those born 2008 or later. Skills development and games (no competition games)
- Under 12: those born 2006 or later. Under 10-11 players are offered the option of moving into this group once their skills are sufficiently developed. Elite players are also offered the opportunity to also play in the u15 age group.
- Under 13 - 15: those born 2003-2005 or earlier. Elite players are offered the opportunity to also play in the older age groups
- Under 18 - those born 2000 - 2002 or earlier.
- Girls will play a combination of mixed and girls games
NOTE: Age groupings are subject to change once registrations are finalised.
THIS YEAR WE WILL ALSO HOST 3 COME N TRY TOUCH NIGHTS / GAMES for MIXED ADULTS TOUCH on 12, 19 & 26 November 2018 (7.15pm - 8.15pm) after which we plan to run a 6 week Mixed Touch Competition Program on 3, 10 & 17 December and 4, 11 and 18 February. Expressions of interest for this please send to email@example.com. Registration for the mixed adults competition program will open shortly.