Harlequin Touch Football
Harlequin Touch runs Victoria’s largest club Touch Football program with participation from Under 6 girls and boys through to adults.
Our purpose is to “provide an inclusive family environment in which players love the game, have fun and realise their potential” and our program’s approach aligns with this purpose.
SUMMER JUNIOR MONDAY NIGHT TOUCH - GIRLS & BOYS (Under 6-18) of all abilities: Weekly Mondays (6.15pm-8.00pm) 2 Nov-14 Dec and 1 Feb-1 Mar
The program at Harlequin Club, Ashwood, commences with 3 come and try nights on 2, 9 & 16 November. The program / competition is structured as follows:
- Under 6 – 9 (birth years 2011 – 2014) development group in which skills drills and modified mini-games (no competition) are run
- Under 10 – 18 (birth years 2002 – 2010) is expected to have 3 divisions (mixed boys and girls) to reflect the development path best suited to players. Players are allocated to teams, taking into account preferences to play with friends (where nominated in registration). The first 3 weeks of the program comprises a combination of drills, learning the game and social games. This is followed by an 8-9 week social competition in which the primary emphasis is on fun and development.
- For elite talent and players some tailored and additional development sessions are available
- New players can join at any stage of the program to come and try
Registration now open at https://profile.mysideline.com.au/register/clubsearch
Search for "harlequin touch" and follow the prompts to register. If you don't already have an account with Touch Football Australia it will prompt you to create one.
- Also complete the google form for player information and uniform sizing at https://forms.gle/EC1sYNij6sAEHfbj6
JUNIOR ELITE PROGRAM
- Harlequin Touch Under 16 Girls & Boys teams compete in the Junior Victorian Touch (VT) League which is aimed at intermediate to elite players of u13 - 16 age. This program is a key pathway for elite talent development
- Elite junior development sessions are also run during the year with numerous players at our club representing the State at Under 12, 14, 15 and 18 teams
SUMMER MIXED ADULTS & MEN'S PROGRAM: Weekly Mondays (7.15pm-8.45pm) 23 Nov-14 Dec and 1 Feb-1 March (subject to Vic Gov't restrictions)
- Mixed adults social and men's masters social (over 40s) competition programs are also planned for parents and friends this summer.
- Register your expressions of interest at https://forms.gle/nW8wH5s5HA1hdcb39
- This program will be run at Harlequin Club, Ashwood
ADULTS ELITE TOUCH - VICTORIAN TOUCH (VT) LEAGUE: September - November (due to COVID-19 has been postponed to January 2021)
- Women's and Men's teams compete in the Victoria Touch (VT) league, which is the premier competition for Touch Football in Victoria.
- The competition normally runs from September - November. This season has been postponed and is running from 10 January to 28 Februart on Sundays
- Trials and training sessions are held for this program.
- Games are played at Elwood Park, Elwood and training is held at Harlequin Club, Ashwood
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADULTS SOCIAL TOUCH IN WINTER
- Mens, womens and mixed teams are entered in the Fawkner Park competition in winter and summer